Is Kratom Legal?
Where is kratom legal?
Is kratom legal near me?
Recent laws on Mitragyna Speciosa, common name Kratom, is a shrubby tree native to South-East Asia. It is in the biological Family Rubiaceae, which includes the coffee plant. It has been used for centuries in the region’s traditional medicine.
Pure Quality Kratom powders should not be the target of the drug enforcement administration or DEA. Kratom leaves are not the enemy. Adulterated kratom products are to blame.
kratom as a schedule 1 controlled substance is not effective and pure kratom products are not the problem in my opinion. Quality products that are lab tested should be available to those who need it.
Kratom is a type of tropical evergreen tree that is native to Southeast Asia. Product not available to Arkansas, Indiana, Alabama, Vermont, Wisconsin, Rhode Island And outside the U.S. Laws are changing and the Kratom Consumer Protection Act is being passed in more states each year! The KCPA is coming to New Jersey soon and we are extremely excited!
Kratom is illegal to buy, sell, possess or use:
- Rhode Island
Kratom is legal and could be regulated:
- Alaska-No known or pending legislative action.
- Arizona–KCPA passed.
- California–San Diego and Oceanside banned kratom, but kratom is legal in California.
- Colorado-KCPA passed.
- Connecticut-No known or pending legislative action.
- Delaware-No known or pending legislative action.
- Florida–Banned in Sarasota Country, kratom is legal in Florida. -No known or pending legislative action.
- Georgia–KCPA passed.
- Hawaii-Kratom ban stopped and KCPA talks are in progress.
- Idaho-KCPA 2023?
- Illinois–Outside the city of Jerseyville, kratom is legal in Illinois for those over the age of eighteen
- Iowa-No known or pending legislative action.
- Kansas-The KCPA passed unanimously out of the committee in 2020.
- Kentucky-Kratom Ban proposed in 2022. AKA working to stop it. kratom legal in Kentucky
- Louisiana-The Louisiana department of health is aggressively contesting the KCPA.
- Maine-No known or pending legislative action.
- Maryland-Kratom is Legal with an Age restriction of 18+
- Massachusetts-No known or pending legislative action.
- Michigan-KCPA expected to be filed.
- Minnesota-No known or pending legislative action.
- Mississippi–Outside Union County, which has banned the substance, kratom is legal to use in Mississippi. AKA is fighting hard against misinformation.
- Missouri-KCPA passed out of the house in 2020.
- Montana-No known or pending legislative action.
- Nebraska-No known or pending legislative action.
- Nevada–KCPA passed.
- New Hampshire–Kratom is Legal with an Age restriction of 18+
- New Jersey-KCPA filed looks to pass in 2023.
- New Mexico-No known or pending legislative action.
- New York-KCPA has been filed.
- North Carolina- Kratom is Legal with an Age restriction of 18+ and legal in North Carolina.
- North Dakota-No known or pending legislative action. kratom legal in North Dakota
- Ohio-Legal! The Ohio Board of Pharmacy attempted on numerous occasions to schedule kratom. AKA has stopped these attempts.
- Oklahoma-KCPA passed.
- Oregon-KCPA passed.
- Pennsylvania-KCPA to be filed soon.
- South Carolina- KCPA to be filed soon.
- South Dakota-Current review of KCPA
- Tennessee–Kratom is legal for those over the age of twenty-one.
- Texas-No known or pending legislative action.
- Utah–KCPA passed.
- Virginia-KCPA Kratom Consumer Protection act passed.
- Washington-Ban proposed, but KCPA introduced instead.
- West Virginia-Attempt to ban kratom was stopped by the American Kratom Association. KCPA Kratom Consumer Protection act passed.
- Wyoming-No known or pending legislative action.
Is Kratom Legal in Other Countries?
Outside of the United States, kratom laws also vary. In the following countries, kratom is illegal in the following countries:
- New Zealand (unless the person has a prescription from a doctor)
- South Korea
In countries like Ireland, Italy, and the United Kingdom, the rules may vary from one city to the next. It is also important to note that the status of kratom legality isn’t widely known for some countries. For example, it isn’t clear whether it is legal in many African nations and China.
We have been working with local governments to ensure that kratom stays legal in New Jersey and surrounding areas of the Northeast United States. We will update the kratom banned list from time to time. Please refer to the American Kratom Associations website for further information about changing kratom laws in your state.
The International Plant & Herbal Alliance is working towards kratom legality working together with American and International partners to overcome worldwide herbal challenges.
We have two coupon codes available: ilovekratom 10% off and firsttime 15% OFF. Both coupons are one time use. We did away with most coupon codes when We introduced our points and rewards program which gives everyone 10% back on every order.
We are in the process of creating a kratom by speed chart which will enhance your kratom experience and help you understand how most types of kratom work in general. Everyone is different when it comes to kratom, so finding out what type of kratom works best for you personally will be up to your body’s individual chemistry.
Fair trade Kratom means that when we purchase our kratom directly from Indonesia and import it without any intermediaries, we have agreements with our farmers to set a FAIR Minimum price that we will pay them. Too much kratom is being sold to the US with absurd prices where farmers barely make a single US dollar for a kilo of dried leaves.
This kind of purchasing is not sustainable for the future of Kratom in the U.S. or Indonesia! We believe that every person involved in the Kratom process deserves a fair wage and to be treated with dignity! We will continue to collaborate with our Harvesters directly and make sure that their lives are better because of Kratom!
We are kratom!
If you want to buy kratom in North Jersey, South Jersey, or Central Jersey We have good news! Kratom is legal in the following counties in New Jersey for adults 21 and over:
- Atlantic County
- Bergen County
- Burlington County
- Camden County
- Cape May County
- Cumberland County
- Essex County
- Gloucester County
- Hudson County
- Hunterdon County
- Mercer County
- Middlesex County
- Monmouth County
- Morris County
- Ocean County
- Passaic County
- Salem County
- Somerset County
- Sussex County
- Union County
- Warren County
Additionally, Thailand has recently reconsidered the status of some illegal substances, so kratom might not remain illegal. However, as the drug becomes more widely known, countries, counties, and cities that do not currently ban kratom may choose to do so at any point.
Update: In 2021, Thailand passed the updated Narcotics Act (No. 8) B.E. 2564 (2021), which removed kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) from the list of prohibited substances, eliminated kratom-related offenses on the basis that its consumption is part of traditional Thai cultural norms, and allowed possession and consumption.
We will be testing for additional kratom alkaloids as time goes on and make sure that everyone understands this wonderful plant (KRATOM) and how it works!