Do you remember the morning feeling after partying too hard the previous night? Alcohol was usually the culprit. If you take too much kratom you can experience similar nausea if not taken correctly. Less is more.
Being nauseous and having a mind-freezing headache, with yourself hovering right above the toilet seat is no fun! You will be surprised to know that too much Kratom can also be the reason for such hangovers.
Yes, you read it right. Kratom hangovers are a thing. One Reditt User explained Kratom hangovers. Overindulging in the herb that has many benefits or consuming it in a dehydrated state might seem like a good idea at the moment, but the next morning, it’s surely gonna make you sick.
If you are suffering from a Kratom hangover or want to know its causes and how to manage it effectively, I encourage you to read on!
Water is your friend.
Kratom Hangover: Explained!
A hangover is usually defined as “the experience of various physiological and psychological effects followed by the consumption of alcohol or any other psychoactive substance in excess.”
Kratom hangovers can be defined similarly as the after-effects of the overindulgence of this botanical cause them.
How Does Kratom Hangover Present?
Hangovers caused by Ketum are easily comparable to those caused by alcohol consumption because of their similarity in most commonly present symptoms like:
Other than these, there are more symptoms particular to this herbal hangover that can easily help out in differentiate.
Those symptoms are:
- Muscle aches and cramps
- Generalized weakness
- Changes in mood
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
What Are The Causes Of Kratom Hangover?
To be honest, there hasn’t been any research conducted on why and how Mitragyna causes hangovers. Some science and physiology that we can understand with the help of anecdotal references or the reviews shared by the users. Lack of hydration may be one cause.
The most common cause of Ketum hangover seems to be dehydration. Having the herb while you have drunk less water that day can surely force you to wake up with a debilitating headache and feel nauseous. According to a user on Reddit, another reason can be an adulterated kratom or bad quality of the botanical.
Additionally, if your GI tract lining is already irritated, it will be difficult to digest fiber, which can cause hangover-like symptoms such as stomach upset.
Some other causes of Kratom hangover can be:
- Empty stomach at the time of Ketum consumption.
- A pre-existing headache.
- Using alcohol or some other substance along with Korth.
- Consuming extremely high doses of the herb.
- Combining two strains of the botanical that have more sedative effects.
6 of the Best Ways To Manage a Kratom Hangover
It is best to avoid getting this hangover by limiting your herb intake, keeping yourself hydrated, and not mixing it with another substance. However, if you are already suffering from a Mitragyna hangover, it is best to manage with the following remedies to stop suffering from its debilitating symptoms.
Here is what you need to do:
Hydration Is A Must!
- One of the most common causes of getting a hangover is dehydration. Managing it makes the easiest and most effective step in treating it also. You must drink at least 6-7 glasses a day to restore enough fluids in your body to accelerate metabolism.
- You can also drink electrolyte drinks for this purpose. They are faster in curing the side effects of headache, nausea, diarrhea, and muscle cramps.
Eat Food Full Of Protein
- A bad morning with a headache and nausea might not provide an inviting thought of food, but trust me, this is what you need to get rid of the hangover fast. Eating proteinous food works wonders. You can have some eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, meat sausages, tofu, or whatnot. Just make sure that it is fulfilling and high in protein.
Sleep It Off
- Well, this is another easiest and most enjoyable way to give your body enough time to eliminate the botanical from the system. You can take a nap or sleep as much as you feel like, and you will wake up feeling better. Though, make sure to drink enough water before getting back to bed.
Exercise To Feel Better
- Exercise is a wonderful way to revitalize the energy levels to get over a hangover phase. Shaking up a leg with the help of a light exercise, stretching, walking one or half a mile, or simply helping out with the house chores can get you out of the depressive state by triggering endorphin release.
Try To Relax As Much As You Can
- Keeping your calm and thinking of the best management plan to solve the issue at hand is the best line of action to deal with the Kratom hangover. You can try to relax for the headache by lying down with a cold compress on the forehead. It can shrink the blood vessels and regulate the neurotransmitters to decrease pain.
Over The Counter Medication If Nothing Else Works
- Over-the-counter medication is usually a last resort when natural home remedies fail to resolve your hangover symptoms. Though, there is a likelihood that these medicines can overload your body systems, so be mindful of it.
How To Avoid Getting a Kratom Hangover?
Avoiding a hangover caused by Mitragyna altogether is the best strategy to bypass getting painful side effects of this overindulgence.
Follow the below pointers to avoid getting a Kratom hangover:
- Keep your water intake high always, especially when taking your Ketum dose.
- Never mix alcohol or any other substance with an unknown interaction.
- It is better not to stick to a single strain. Try to rotate the Korth strains after some time.
- Don’t exceed your usual routine dose.
- Never mix two strains that have relaxing properties.
- Avoid taking the botanical on an empty stomach. At least try taking a snack before.
- Buy Kratom from only authentic vendors who sell original unadulterated herbal powder.
Kratom hangover is a real thing that can make your mornings after overindulgence a real hell. It is best to take the necessary steps to avoid getting a hangover due to various causes like dehydration, excess botanical dose, and whatnot.
Drinking plenty of water, eating food full of protein, having a good sleep, exercising, and relaxing are some ways to cure your hangover. Eating a well balanced diet is cruscial for feeling complete.